Sunday, January 20, 2013

a little break

I took a little break from blogging.  Between school, the holidays, working and renovating our kitchen I was just a little OVER-IT!  Currently I am avoiding writing 22 paragraphs for school and I thought this would be the perfect time to update the blog.

We are ALMOST done with our kitchen...

Guys this things has almost BROKE.US.DOWN.  BUT we stuck with it and we could not be happier with the outcome.  We have come  a LONG way.  Here's a reminder of what all we have done:
  • Built kitchen table
  • Stripped wall paper in dining room
  • Took down the wall between the kitchen and the dining room
  • Removed door from the kitchen
  • Removed window from dining room
  • Installed sliding doors in place of window
  • Built bar and bar top
  • Took down existing cabinet doors
  • Built new cabinet doors
  • Built new extension to existing cabinets
  • Made the counter tops
  • Replaced the sink faucet
  • A little ceiling work
  • Replaced trim around kitchen windows
  • Painted
  • Installed new hardware
What we still have left to do:
  • Flooring - no idea
  • Back splash - 2x4 white subway tiles
  • Finish Painting -
  • Light fixtures - school house lights
I have TONS of pictures that I hope I can manage to share with you but here's a first look at where we started and a sneak at where we are now!









That's all you get for now.  Come back later this week to see the rest!

Back to homework, 1 paragraph down 21 left to go!






1 comment:

Kristopher said...

You have accomplished so much; you should be proud of yourselves! But it’s a funny thought how you were able to manage all the renovation work in your kitchen, while you were fumbling and groping for things to write on your 22-paragraph homework. If I were in your place, I would have chosen to do the homework and leave the renovation to my contractors. Hahaha! =D

Kristopher Diss

Subscribe to RSS Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Join me on Facebook